Objective : To obtain a rewarding position in information technology that will utilize my skills and experience in the field to the maximum, while providing the opportunity for advancement.
Southern Technical College – Computer Programming (A.S.) Sep ’86 – Jul ’88
Achieved a 4.0 GPA in all classes attempted
Qualitest Pharmaceuticals Inc. May ’07 – Sep ’16
* Designed web invoice reprint application that interfaced with the AS/400 Mapics Accounts Receivable software.
* Maintained and supported the Exchange server for the enterprise.
* Performed Active Directory maintenance, including new user accounts, DNS, and DHCP.
* Performed regular and necessary backup and restore schedules, as directed by our director of IT.
* Developed method of monitoring user internet activity and blocking of inappropriate sites Designed various scripts to automate maintenance tasks.
* Setup new Exchange 2010 email server and developed migration plan to move all email to new server.
* Created new servers using VMWARE as needed
* Imaged new and existing systems using SCCM
* Monitored Help Desk tickets using Service Now.
* Diagnosed user issues submitted to help desk and resolved them to their satisfaction.
* Removed hard drives from repaired systems and/or systems of offboarded users for document retention as a directive of the legal department.
* Managed the cell phone account of the company, which involved ordering new devices, setting up the devices, and monitoring activity to reduce costs.
* Achieved almost perfect success on tickets assigned as my tickets were regularly completed the first time.
* Received numerous kudus from employees on the quality of work that I did and my personality working with them.
* Setup workstations for Loftware Labeling. Also, setup barcode labels used in labeling boxes from our manufacturing department.
* Granted permission to network folders and SQL databases after verifying approval from business owners
* Microsoft Office
Many years experience using, training, and developing Office products and applications. I have used every version of Office since the initial release.
* Microsoft Windows
Experienced in the install, configuring, training, and support of Microsoft Windows from version 3.1 to the current version 10.
* Microsoft Windows Server
Experience in the installation, configuring, and maintenance of Microsoft Windows Server from version 2000 – 2008.
* Microsoft Exchange Server
Experience in the installation, configuring, and maintenance of Exchange Server 2000, 2003, and 2010.
* Microsoft SQL Server
Experience in the installation, configuring, and maintenance of Microsoft SQL server 2000. This also includes setup of multiple instances.
* Mobile Devices
Many years experience of using, configuring, and the setup of Apple iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones.
* Symantec Endpoint Protection
Experienced in the installation, setup and configuring the applications, including firewall policies.
* Symantec Backup Exec
Experienced in the operation, installation, and configuring Symantec Backup Exec
* Loftware Labeling
Experienced in the installation, configuring, and operation of the software. I have designed new labels which used my previous programming skills.
References available upon request